Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Artwork







For my art work I initially chose the photo on the right of the three people walking the debris of the city. However I could not find the name of the photographer of this photo, so I also added the photo on the left, with the two people standing in what remains of a town square, taken by George Rodger. Both of these photos were taken during the aftermath of World War 2. George Rodger’s photo was taken in the city of Caen and the other was taken in a city in Poland. I feel that both of these photos are good visuals to capture the effect of the destruction that occurred to society in Oryx and Crake. Specifically these photos, to me, connect with the moment in the novel when Snowman is leading the Crakers out of Paradice and into the forest near the ocean. These photos are a way to imagine what the group had to walk through and witness on their trek through the remains of civilization.

No comments:

Post a Comment